Friday 31 December 2021

3D Vagante bits

During summer I had some fun trying to make assets for a 3D version of Vagante that I was trying to put together in Unity. I thought I made a decent start, but there was a few hang ups and work stopped a few months later. I think my main problem was trying to do a project that was too big, things just didn't get finished properly and some structured planning would have helped. 



Some little screenshots of all the bits together. I struggled to find a good way to make a tile based rocky environment, that blended together where the tiles could also be destroyed and not look out of place. I think I have a way to do it looking back on it now.






I started it off by trying to make a simple slime monster that would change shape to a little spiky ball, I tried to keep the same silhouette as the original sprite 


I was interested in how to morph it to the spiky ball form, it seemed a good way was to model it out of a sphere-ised cube, which caused less pinching.
I also tried to recreate the eye bats! I got it to fly around and do some biting. I think they're meant to have a little tail, but I turned it into a tongue and mouth. 


No comments: